- To heat jar directly in wax heater, remove lid, place jar in heater, heat to 70-75˚C (158 – 167˚F). At this temperature, the strip wax has a consistency like thin honey, which is the proper working consistency for best performance.
800ml jar only: To heat in microwave, loosen lid, heat jar for 1 minute on HIGH. If not sufficiently melted, heat again in 30-second intervals, until wax is at proper working temperature and consistency. Then either place jar directly in wax heater to maintain working temperature, or empty wax into wax heater insert.
- Before use, test wax temperature on your own arm. If it feels too hot, allow wax to cool before further use.
- Cleanse skin with Lycotane Skin Cleanser and allow skin to dry.
- With spatula at 90° angle to the skin, apply wax firmly in direction of hair growth.
- To remove wax, bond a waxing strip firmly in sections to the applied wax. One waxing strip can be rebonded to applied wax several times.
- Hold skin taut and pull waxing strip off quickly against hair growth.
- Re-apply and remove wax as necessary until all hair has been removed.
- To finish, apply Lycotane Skin Cleanser to cleanse skin and to close hair follicles.
- Apply Tea-Tree Perfect to soothe, protect and moisturise, as well as remove any possible sticky wax residue.
- Use Wax Solvent to clean wax off equipment, furniture, surfaces and clothes.
WARNING: Discontinue use of this product if any adverse skin reaction occurs. Keep away from eyes. If wax enters the eye, flush well with plenty of clean water and seek medical attention if irritation persists. Microwaves have different wattages. It is important to heat wax gradually to avoid wax overheating. If wax is overheated, the plastic jar may also overheat making it difficult to handle. The jar can actually distort and collapse. Do not handle heated jar with bare hands. Do not expose wax to naked flames. Do not heat wax for an extended period of time in jar over 100˚C (212˚F). If using the Lycon Professional Heater, the heat setting should never be over ‘8’. Be aware that heating temperatures and times may vary depending on the appliance used. Do not apply wax to skin whilst wax is very hot and runny. Only apply wax to skin at about 70 – 75˚C (158 – 167˚F). Do not use wax on sunburnt skin, moles, varicose veins, broken, irritated or inflamed skin.
Note: We choose to formulate with quality, natural ingredients and we choose not to formulate with ingredients that do not fit our philosophy such as parabens, phthalates, formaldehyde, hydroquinone etc.
*EU Customers we acknowledge that many ingredients such as some parabens are safe and legal to use in the EU.